Friday, October 19, 2007

Blue Book Popular Science

I get letters, too:

Dear trans_global_comics_and_magazines,

Oh my goodness, I just read your guide "Why British Girls' Comics Were Wonderful". I'm so glad I found it! When we moved from England to the U.S. in the late 50's, my aunt in londin kept on sending me comics regularly (wish I had kept them).
In particular I loved a comic strip about a stewardess & her friends When I asked British sellers about that, they mentioned "Angela" in "Girl" comics; I bought a couple & it doesn't bring back memories.
I see you mention a "Lyn Raymond" in "Bunty". Did she possibly have a friend called "Mame" or "Mamie"; did they go out with friends to clubs to hear "Ella" (Fitzgerald) or another jazz singer?
Oh I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you have the answers for me: do you think it was Lyn I read stories about? could you tell me where I could find stories about Lyn apart from the Bunty 1958?
Hope to hear from you, Jocelyn

ps Fantastic 1st class guide! You should write a book & publish it!


22-page treatment
and later a full-length script.













































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Delta D Giclee Gallery and Design Atelier
60" x 48" giclee on archival paper FREE SHIPPING
$94.94 Customized
Institute for Advanced Magazine Studies
http://MonsantoWestinghouse.blujay.com
http://77siliconstrip.blogspot.com/
http://lilllouspokerparty.blogspot.com/
THE_GEEK_SHALL_INHERIT_THE_EARTH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home